NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, LICENSED OR RESTRICTED, AS WELL AS IN QUEBEC, PUERTO RICO, AND OVERSEAS UNITED STATES TERRITORIES, POSSESSIONS, COMMONWEALTHS, AND MILITARY INSTALLATIONS.
The New Holland Ethanol Video Contest (the "Contest") begins on or about October 23, 2012 and ends on December 17, 2012. ("Contest period").
1. Eligibility. The Contest is open to registered members of a Future Farmers of America (“FFA”) chapter, who are legal residents of the fifty United States or Washington D.C. Entrants must be at least 14 years of age and less than 23 years of age (as of October 23, 2012), and further must be currently enrolled in a high school, college or technical school. If enrolled in a post-secondary institution, the entrant must be a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours.) Determination of an Entrant meeting the eligibility requirements is at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and any of the aforementioned entities’ immediate families (spouse and parents, siblings and children, and each of their spouses, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, are NOT eligible to enter this Contest. Further, employees, officers and directors of Growth Energy and RFDTV, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and any of the aforementioned entities’ immediate families (spouse and parents, siblings and children, and each of their spouses, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, are NOT eligible to enter this Contest.
2. Entry. Videos submitted must be between sixty (60) and ninety (90) seconds in length and may be edited for length and effects. Videos are not submitted directly to the site; submission instructions are contained in the application/entry form.
During the Contest Period, the Contest can be entered by completing an application/entry form (including contestant’s name, address, school, FFA chapter, phone number, email, age, date of birth, YouTube link, release of ownership and parental consent signature (if under 18) through one of the following methods:
There is no limit on the number of original entries that you may submit on behalf of an individual or Chapter; however, you may not submit the same entry more than once. Only one entry per household will be eligible to receive a prize. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the status of any entry.
This Contest is subject to change without notification in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries will be void if signatures are electronically or mechanically reproduced, forged, defective, altered or otherwise obtained through unauthorized channels. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which, in Sponsor's opinion, is offensive, contains unsuitable material, endangers the safety or well-being of any person, or if it is determined the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules.
3. Video Requirements. Videos must meet the following requirements for entry into the contest:
Entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if entrant is under the age of 18) consent to their video and entry information being used on the Contest website, including use of their name and location, and in future Sponsor marketing materials, and will sign and submit such consent to Sponsor using the provided materials at the same time the entry form is submitted.
4. Copyright Assignment. Each entrant (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) does hereby irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor, its successors and assigns, the entire right, title and interest in and to any videos submitted herein, including all copyrights created or to be created and any registrations and copyright applications related thereto and renewals and extensions thereof, and in and to all works based upon, derived from, or incorporating said videos, and waive any moral or similar rights he or she may have in respect of said videos. Each entrant further agrees to execute any and all documents necessary to secure to the Sponsor or to its assignee the rights herein assigned.
5. Winner Selection. One Entrant’s video will be selected to win the Grand Prize (the ‘Winner”) The Grand Prize will be awarded to the Winner’s FFA Chapter (the “Chapter Award Nominee)” The Winner will be selected based on the entry receiving the highest score, as determined by the Judges. based on the judging criteria. The Judges will consist of representative(s) from New Holland Agriculture, Growth Energy, and RFD-TV. Decisions of the Judges and Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. The prize is not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption of any prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a potential Winner cannot be reached within a reasonable time period after being selected the Winner, does not respond within five business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept the prize, the potential Winner may be disqualified in Sponsor's sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor will select an alternate winner based on the judging criteria. The Winner will be selected by January 11, 2013.
If a Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules, he/she shall be deemed ineligible and another Winner will be selected, in accordance with the judging criteria. If a prize or any portion thereof cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
6. Judging Criteria. Entries will be judged and given points based upon the following criteria and the exact number of points for each criterion will be determined by the final number of entries:
Judging: Points will be awarded based on:
7. Prize. The Grand Prize winner will win a $5,000 Chapter Award to be presented to the FFA chapter which hosted the winning entrant’s membership. There will only be one winning entry.
9. Taxes. The winning school is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Such school may provide Sponsor with sufficient evidence that it is exempt from paying any such taxes. If required by federal law, Sponsor will report the names of the School and the value of the prize won to the Internal Revenue Service. If requested by Sponsor, the School of the potential Chapter Award Nominee will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the individual Chapter Award Nominee being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor will select an alternate Winner, based on the judging criteria, from remaining eligible entries.
10. Additional Conditions. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, an individual Winner or Chapter Award Nominee may forfeit any prize won and an alternate Winner will be selected based on the judging criteria. Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules of this Contest and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Contest, rule interpretation or award of the prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Contest or in the announcement of any Winner(s) or prize(s). If for any reason Sponsor is unable to run this Contest as planned, or if any computer or web site associated with this Contest does not allow the proper playing of the Contest and the processing of entries per these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event this Contest is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to judge the entries and to award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
11. Hold Harmless/Release. By participating, each entrant agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, participating sponsors and Judges, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the event or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the promotion, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
12. Winners List/Official Rules. To obtain "Official Rules", send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to New Holland Agriculture, Ethanol Video Contest, 120 Brubaker Ave., MS 209, New Holland, PA 17557
13. Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Contest is the New Holland Agriculture Division of CNH America LLC, 120 Brubaker Ave., New Holland, PA 17557.